A strong marriage is the foundation and cornerstone of a strong family. Couples constantly need to maintain their spousal relationship so that the marriage stays strong and vibrant. This two day intensive will assist couples by renewing their vision, learning new skills, and creating an environment of faith, hope and love in their marriage and for their family. This intensive retreat is marriage education in a group setting, NOT marriage therapy.
“Christian love must be chased after, aspired to, and practiced.” ~ Gary L. Thomas
Hosted by: Daniel Jurek, LPC-S, LMFT
Other Certified Counselors Available To Assist Couple Conversations
2 Day Intensives
First Option: Friday and Saturday, Feb 8-9,2019
Second Option: Friday and Saturday, June 7-8,2019
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm each day. (Lunch is on your own).
Place: Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, LA
Idea: Consider spending and evening or two at the Homewood Suites and set aside these two day for just you and your spouse.
5 Tuesday Evening Sessions
Tuesday Nights, March 12, 19, 26, April 2 & 9. (6:30 – 8:30) SOLD OUT
Second Option: Tuesday Nights, September 3, 10, 17, 24, October 1 (6:30 – 8:30)
Space is limited to 10 couples
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm each day.
Place: To Be Announced
This group marriage intensive is for couples:
- Who want to make take a massive step in creating the marriage relationship they’ve always dreamed of experiencing
- Recovering from betrayals, infidelity and deep hurts
- Who need extended, uninterrupted time without the distraction of work, kids and a busy life, to recapture intimacy and connection
- Who are in crisis, feeling stuck and hopeless that things will never change
This group marriage intensive is intended to help couples:
- Understand the unique relationship that is Christian Marriage
- Co-create a relationship vision, which promotes the marital partnership for the whole of life.
- Connect and communicate to create a positive change in your relationship
- Discover the giftedness of one’s spouse and their unique need for connection and intimacy
- Discover the steps to heal the wounds within your marriage.
The Hold Me Tight Workshop was developed by Dr. Sue Johnson and is designed around seven conversations based on the Hold Me Tight book, all of which have been shown to be essential to successful relations. You will learn how to understand and improve your relationship through presentations by the workshop leaders, private exercises and conversations with your partner and by watching video demonstrations of other couples.
Time and space created in a safe place to discuss difficult things.
It gave me concentrated time to deepen my relationship with my wife. It provided a structure and background that allowed me to share my heart more. Deeply and experience her heart more fully.
I’m better aware of the strengths and deficits in our marriage and more realistic about possible outcomes.
The additional counselors to help us express ourselves was key to getting us to “listen” to each other.
I have learned that I need to be more mindful and responsive of my wife’s feelings.
We talked in more depth on several of the conversations. It “made us” do the work of communication.
It helped us to connect on a soul level possibly for the first time ever (which is crazy because we’ve been married for 20 years)
We were able to open the communication line which allowed us to talk about tough subjects, while having the option of a “referee” (counselor) or objective opinion if needed.