A strong marriage is the foundation and cornerstone of a strong family. Therefore, couples constantly need to maintain their spousal relationship so that the marriage stays strong and vibrant. This two day enrichment retreat will assist couples by renewing their vision, learning new skills, and creating an environment of faith, hope and love in their marriage and for their family. This Christian couples retreat is marriage education in a group setting, NOT marriage therapy.
“Christian love must be chased after, aspired to, and practiced.” ~ Gary L. Thomas
Hosted by: Daniel Jurek, LPC-S -, LMFT and Candace Hanson, LPC, RPT
Other Certified Counselors Available To Assist Couple Conversations
2 Day Christian Couples Retreat
January 24-25, 2020: SOLD OUT
March 6-7, 2020
Fairfield by Marriott
1606 West Pinhook Rd.
Lafayette, LA 70508
5 Tuesday Evening Sessions
We currently do not have a Tuesday Evenings event scheduled.
This group marriage intensive is for couples:
- Who want to make take a massive step in creating the marriage relationship they’ve always dreamed of experiencing
- Recovering from betrayals, infidelity and deep hurts
- Who need extended, uninterrupted time without the distraction of work, kids and a busy life, to recapture intimacy and connection
- In crisis, feel stuck or hopeless that things will never change
This group marriage intensive helps couples:
- Understand the unique Christian Marriage relationship
- Co-create a relationship vision, which promotes the marital partnership for the whole of life.
- Connect and communicate to create a positive change in your relationship
- Discover the giftedness of one’s spouse and their unique need for connection and intimacy
- Discover the steps to heal the wounds within your marriage.
Dr. Sue Johnson developed The Hold Me Tight Workshop around seven conversations based on the Hold Me Tight book. The conversations have been shown to be essential to successful relations. You will learn how to understand and improve your relationship through presentations by the workshop leaders that include video demonstrations of other couples. In private sessions with your partner, you will participate in exercises and conversations occasionally guided by a certified counselor.