Here is your weekly dose of Friday Focus, a smattering of what I’m reading, listening to, learning, watching or pondering.
Here are a number of ways to make the most of this experience and make it positive. Please share this with others and PLEASE share with me any of your go-to practices, apps, websites, books, etc.
*Take time every day to do a little of the following:
Physical: (pick at least one)
– Walk/run/bike in your neighborhood
– Do a free online yoga class ( my favorite is Yoga With Adriene)
– Do Tai Chi at home online (my favorite is Taiflow with leia)
– If you have exercise equipment at home – use it
– BrainTap one to 3 times a day. Download this link on your smartphone or ipad and plug in your earbuds or earphones to get the best audio experience. If you want to purchase the headset with the lights, contact me and I’ll be able to get them to you at a reduced price.
– Create a music playlist of your 20 favorite songs – ever.
– Connect with your breath. There are plenty of breathing exercises on Youtube Relax and Breathe: Do nothing for 10 minutes and using Apps, such as Calm, that have some free listening experiences.
– Take a 20 minute nap
– Practice grounding techniques
– Practice earthing 2 x/day. Put your bare feet into the grass, face the sun and just “be”
– Do a crossword puzzle
– Play a card game with your family
– Read a book that has been sitting on your shelf
– Learn a new hobby (musical instrument, painting, drawing, or for me, coloring)
– Study the night sky and explore what you can see this month.
– Do a home science experiment
– Learn about how you can help a child living in poverty. Sponsor a child through Compassion International
– Learn about trafficking and find out how you can help rescue someone from this terrible plague through Operation Underground.
– Donate time, money or items to Catholic Charities of Acadiana. Help those who need help.
– Learn a new way of praying. Try Lectio Divna, Centering Prayer, Prayer Journaling,
– Learn to read Sacred Scripture
– Call your church office and ask for a list of names of shut-ins or those who are sick. Ask if you can call them and pray with them over the phone.
– Call a nursing home or assisted living and ask if you can skype or call residents who are quarantined to pray with them and cheer them up.
– Cook a meal or bake something and take it to a hospital, police station, fire station, etc. as a way of saying thank you.
– Call a friend, family member or co-worker who is not living with you and get caught up, tell them you are thinking of them and ask if they need anything.
New for March! Monthly Couple Challenge – Take a class together. Whether it’s cooking, wine tasting, painting, a community education course, or yoga, experiencing something new together sparks the feel-good chemicals that were so abundant early on in your relationship.
We’ll do this on March _____________.
We’ll do it again? Yes / No When? _____________
Want to change anything___________________?
Sacred Scripture I’m pondering – “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
Quote I’m pondering – “We’re all in this together. Flatten the curve!” ~ Tom Hanks
Lenten Peace and Blessings.
Services we offer at the Pax Renewal Center:
*** An important instructional tip when using Braintap. When using the Braintap at home, if you do not have the Braintap headset (which is strongly recommended, but not necessary) it is best to use it with earbuds or headphones, even if there is no light element. You want to do it either sitting or lying down and able to close your eyes. PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE WHEN USING BRAINTAP.
What kind of marriage counseling do you need? Watch this video and find out here!
If you want to find out more about the services we offer at the Pax Renewal Center, please go to our website: www.paxrenewalcenter.com.