A strong marriage is the foundation and cornerstone of a strong family. Couples constantly need to maintain their spousal relationship so that the marriage stays strong and vibrant. This two day intensive will assist couples by renewing their vision, learning new skills, and creating an environment of faith, hope and love in their marriage and for their family. This intensive retreat is marriage education in a group setting, NOT marriage therapy.
“Christian love must be chased after, aspired to, and practiced.” ~ Gary L. Thomas
Hosted by: Daniel Jurek, LPC-S, LMFT
Expert Facilitators: Dr. Mark Maxwell and Kathryn de Bruin, LMFT, EFT Therapist, Trainer and Supervisor
When: Friday and Saturday, OCt 26 & 7, 2018
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 Pm each day. (Lunch is on your own).
Place: Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, LA
Idea: Consider spending and evening or two at the Homewood Suites and set aside these two day for just you and your spouse.
This group marriage intensive is for couples:
- Who want to make take a massive step in creating the marriage relationship they’ve always dreamed of experiencing
- Recovering from betrayals, infidelity and deep hurts
- Who need extended, uninterrupted time without the distraction of work, kids and a busy life, to recapture intimacy and connection
- Who are in crisis, feeling stuck and hopeless that things will never change
This group marriage intensive is intended to help couples:
- Understand the unique relationship that is Christian Marriage
- Co-create a relationship vision, which promotes the marital partnership for the whole of life.
- Connect and communicate to create a positive change in your relationship
- Discover the giftedness of one’s spouse and their unique need for connection and intimacy
- Discover the steps to heal the wounds within your marriage.
The Hold Me Tight Workshop was developed by Dr. Sue Johnson and is designed around seven conversations based on the Hold Me Tight book, all of which have been shown to be essential to successful relations. You will learn how to understand and improve your relationship through presentations by the workshop leaders, private exercises and conversations with your partner and by watching video demonstrations of other couples.
This event has recently ended. Thank you to everyone who came! If you are interested in our next event, please call 337-993-1960 to ensure that you will be notified.